Bailey's Funeral Home has been in operation in Yorkton for more than 45 years under the direction and guidance of W. Allan Bailey, who assumed ownership of the funeral home and Yorkton Memorial Gardens in 1963.
Previously operated by a national company, both the funeral home and the cemetery east of Yorkton have been a family operation since then, providing personal care and service for residents of east-central Saskatchewan. Although the funeral home and cemetery are under common ownership, Bailey's serves all cemeteries in the area; the choice of location is strictly the family's.
In 1964, Allan Bailey opened a funeral chapel in Ituna, and in 1983 he expanded to Melville, which in a very real sense was a homecoming for him.
Allan Bailey had moved to Melville at an early age, where his grandfather, W.T. (Bill) Bailey was the community's funeral director, and where Allan first learned the family business. His father Ray Bailey was also a licensed embalmer.
Fifty years after first working in the funeral service business, Allan continues to be actively involved.
What Makes Us Unique
We are proud to embrace traditional values, diversity and innovation in honouring the spirit and life of each person we serve. We offer a full selection of:
- Funeral and memorial services, ranging from traditional to uniquely innovative and personal
- Burial services and cremation options
- Celebrant Services
Letting go of a loved one is usually a very difficult process. In order to provide your family peace-of-mind, our funeral home offers complete care, so you can focus on comforting each other as you prepare to say goodbye to someone dear to you.
Although there are many decisions you may have to make, we assure you that we will guide you through the entire process every step of the way. We promise to help you:
- Design the most fitting memorial or funeral service to honour their memory and pay tribute to their life achievements and experiences.
- Select the most appropriate products, including a casket, burial vault, cremation urn, cemetery or mausoleum, to fit your budget and suit your needs and desires.
- Write a fitting obituary to honour your loved one’s life experiences and social connections.
- Assist in the publication of the obituary in the newspapers of your choice.
- Create a Book of Memories™, a beautiful, permanent online memorial, where you and your friends can build a legacy of memories by archiving treasured photos and memories.
- Welcome your family and friends to our funeral home for your planned services, including a viewing, visitation, funeral or memorial service.
- Make all arrangements with regard to the services whether they are held at your place of worship, our funeral home, cemetery, or alternate gathering place.
- Provide you with beautiful funeral print materials, including memorial folders, prayer cards and book marks. We also offer personalized note cards for you to acknowledge the emotional support you received from friends, co-workers and community members.
- Provide an elegant hearse and funeral cars, as well as arrange for escorts.
- Help in the selection and on-site arrangement of floral tributes.
- Provide access to grief education and support materials, and referrals to counselling services.
- Prepare all paperwork, including vital record statistics, permits, filing and obtaining death certificates, and assistance with life insurance, veteran’s benefits and Social Security claims.
We hope you will turn to us for compassionate care and impeccable service. Our pledge is to honour your loved one and family with dignity, respect and personal attention to every detail.